Friday 12 October 2012

Young Architect Studio Competition, Pittsburgh

...and the winner is... ME!

I am very pleased to announce I am officially the Young Architect of Pittsburgh.
On August, 30th I submitted my project and yesterday night, during the wonderful Pittsburgh Design Awards 2012, I got a wonderful prize and recognition for my idea.

We were asked to submit a project for the Fort Wayne Bridge in Pittsburgh, a double deck metal bridge currently used only by trains, in the upper level.
We were asked to propose a new use for the lower deck, and here my idea:

symphony bridge

and more details of the project, in the submitted tables:





DESCRIPTION: The aim is to create a special and unique place that can be interesting not only for people living near the bridge.  This is done through the creation of a pedestrian passage and two bike trails.  Along this passage, the bridge will be equipped with little instruments that can make music out of the vibrations caused by the trains, by nature, or by the people passing through.
JURY COMMENTS: This is a strong idea with interesting potential.  It could be an event where the public participates all the way to a symphony performance.  It is a very organic notion.  And from one jury member…”I am dying to steal this concept.”
I really want to thank all the people that supported me, encouraging in applying and go on, despite the little time to develop the concept. It was challenging, but fun.
Now let's see how we can PLAY IT for real! 

No comments:

Post a Comment