Friday 13 September 2013

Souto-sopra, ma Siza soprattutto

This Italian title is just a joke that I cannot directly translate to English.
I am talking about Alvaro Siza and Eduardo Souto de Moura

Yesterday I attended a very dense lecture, at the Triennale di Milano, with both of them on the stage, talking to many many people there.
Vittorio Gregotti was there as well, as an architect, writer and critic of architecture, and most of all friend of both Siza and Souto de Moura. 


Multiply those guys by 4.  Then,
 there was the additional room with the projection of the lecture.
It was full also that one.

Despite having to stand all the time, because of the big crowd that flooded the room, I felt very lucky to be in the same room with the two biggest Portuguese architects. 



Their work can be described with these words: a poetry of cement and light.
In fact, that lecture was organized for the opening of Porto Poetic, the newest exhibition at the Triennale di Milano. I'll write about that in few days.

For now, I can leave you with another joke, but for English-speaking architects: 
Super-Siza me!



No comments:

Post a Comment