Wednesday 21 March 2012

Libreria Bocca

This place can easily cover at least three different categories my blog is divided into. A post on Libreria Bocca can figure under the labels: creative shop, reviews (for the shop guest exhibits) and Milan.















If I had to write the "shop review" I would say that the libreria is a very little one, but furnished with a lot of art books and not only. They also have auctions catalogues and essays concerning art, design and architecture.
The shop walls are entirely covered by books and random artistic pieces, smartly inserted in every empty space, over the books and under the tables. The floor is made of a glazed surface, showing squared paintings little but dense of...art.
Here you'll find a crazy enough space. Today, when I entered, I found the owners/shop assistants definitely mad and quite "sopra le righe". I cannot complain them, working there makes you... a bit special.They not payed much attention to me, seeming quite fed up with the rest of the world. They treated me in a quite nasty way, I must say this, but maybe today  was a bad day.

If I had to write the plane "review" of the artist they are currently guesting,  I would have a lot of difficulties. I went there just because the newspaper was sponsoring this exhibitions. I didn't learnt anything about Alberto Andreis, except for what I could peep from that incredible artistic magma. 
Visiting his personal website, I think he was a bit penalized by this; he seems to be more interesting that how he appeared in the Libreria. 
It is complicate to present an exhibition there, because you cannot understand where the exhibit starts or end, so many appealing strange things are all around you. I saw some drawings about fantastic architectures, someway Escher's style, but I couldn't collect sufficient information to talk seriously about the guy (providing I could ever say something serious on someone).

(This is the only image I saw before going there. Andreis website is really deserving some moments of good net-surfing! Image taken from here)

If I had to write a review for the category "Milano" I would write with no hesitation that Milano is special also for places like this. 
We are talking about few squared meters of shop, in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele 12. this litle space exactly represents what Milan is: a chaotic place, congestioned, a bit foggy and dark, full of treasures. I would also suggest not to waste time with the pigeons in Piazza Duomo, but go straight to the Galleria, avoiding the crowds of Japanese tourists heading to the pigeons. Spent few minutes inside this bookshop,
and maybe buy a book or two. Today I bought the umpteenth essay on art and design: "Il rifiuto degli dei" by Maurizio Vitta, Piccola Biblioteca Einaudi editions (17 €).
I hope I could write something on this soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment